Sunday, November 08, 2009

Weekend Roadtrip.


Hello true believers,
Sorry for not having a post for two consecutive nights. Miss Abbott and I spent the majority of Saturday at my little brothers JiuJitsu tournament. He took first place in his weight and belt division which is awesome, He really was incredible. The kid can grapple. After his second match around 3:30 or so we had to leave to head down to my Mom & Dad's it was supposed to be a five and a half hour drive but due to the ridiculous rain storms all the way down the freeway it took closer to 7 hours. When we finally arrived we all sat in my mothers dining room and looked at tons of old family photos, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I wasn't a half bad looking kid. as the Winter Ball picture to the right can attest. (The girl is of little to no consequence.) We looked at the pictures until nearly 2 in the morning and all decided to turn in.
The guest bed was so warm and comfortable it was hard to leave it the next morning. Sunday morning we woke up around 8:30 and had cute little conversations. My mother made amazing stuffed omelets and home made bread toast. We had a very relaxed day of good conversations and funny stories. My mother made another amazing meal of cheese and spinach quiche and fried chicken strips... Mmm there is nothing like homemade cooking. We made my Mom and Dad watch Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog. I don't think they were as into it as Miss Abbott and I were, but I think over all they were amused. (Miss Abbott and I sang almost the entire production verbatim while we were watching it.)
After Dinner Helen and I packed ourselves back into the car and began the journey back home. We were both much more tired at the start of this leg but managed to make it home with out too many concerns. (when we were nearly home I got off at the exit for my house and for some unknown reason got right back on the freeway and started heading in the opposite direction, It took me a full two miles to realize my blunder. Miss Abbott was very tired but very amused by this turn of events.
When we finally did get home, we got ready for bed straight away and went to sleep as fast as we could, as I had to be at work at 6:30 this morning. And that is where I will leave you until tonight.

Random Fact: Canada has the longest Coast line in the world.

No comments: