Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 6~ The Voyage Home


   Today was a hard one, I woke in my girlfriends bed, next to her, and I will in a few very short moments fall asleep in my own bed very alone. It was a pretty relaxed day we slept in as late as we could manage and then went for a light lunch at Arbys (we had each won a free sandwich at Friday nights IronPigs game.) After our sandwich we went to Rita's for dessert, a popular east coast Icee/custard stand, It was very good and very perfect for the warm day.
   With my bags already packed and in her trunk we headed to the airport and said our goodbyes.
My trip home was mostly uneventful barring a woman that collapsed in the doorway of the plane as I was getting off in Seattle. 
   My brother and his wife were waiting for me at the baggage claim area, and after what seemed like forever we collected my one checked baggage, and headed home. My car was not too amused at having been ignored for the passed week and stalled in the middle of the road on the way home. Luckily my brother and his wife were still in the area and after about an hour of fiddling with this part and that part we were able to get the vehicle running again... I hate that car.

   Random Fact: This is the last picture Laurie and I took together this morning.

No comments: