Thursday, April 24, 2008

Grumpy McGrumperson

I often find my self lost in moments of doubt. I don’t really know why I do the things I do. I constantly find myself in a position where I am pulling my hair out because I trusted someone against my better judgment. Once again I tried to help someone I thought was a friend, and once again the moment they saw an opening to flip the script and screw me over they took the opportunity with added gusto. I have mentioned before how it bothers me that a lot of my friends can so easily turn to their families for financial help. After giving it a lot of thought I think I have less of a problem with it. For the most part in the past when I did give in and admit that I needed help it didn’t seem to be as big a deal when a friend said that they weren’t able to provide it. I think if I had turned to my family and they had to turn me down it would have bothered me more than I would readily admit. My current stress inducing situation started out amicably enough, I needed something that this practical friend had more than they needed. We drew up a contract and made things as much on the up and up as possible. That contract was signed back in February and since then there have been many times where this friend has attempted to alter the agreed upon terms. Today she has pushed it to the extent that I am no longer willing to deal with her. The unfortunate fact of the matter is that even though I have decided to do this, it leaves me in a precarious situation. I can only hope that my decision is the correct one.

Random Fact of the Day:
Nice people finish last, if ever.

2 comments:

Mongoos150 said...

You sound grumpy.

Anonymous said...

If you still need a real friend my number hasn't changed. Still wondering what happend?