Monday, March 27, 2006

Creature Comforts

It is getting harder and harder to whine about my living conditions when I keep falling into little creature comforts. Tonight completely out of the blue one of my neighbors helped me hook up the cable in my room. Before you get the wrong Idea it is only 5 channels and 2 of them are like CNN types but it is one of those little things that are nice to have... In fact my biggest complaint is really directed at an online store. Long story short I was trying to buy an IPOD from Circuit City online and for some unknown reason they wouldn’t accept my credit card. I believe it was a problem with my billing address, sigh. Obviously not the worst thing in the world, but it is enough to make me gripe. Oh and OH MY GAWD! It was so freaking hot today. I seriously wanted to peal off my skin. Unfortunately the rules are very clear, Full battle rattle for the entire shift. I’m pretty sure that this would be considered some kind of inhumane torture in any other circumstance. Stupid Middle Eastern Country and it’s close proximity to the equator. So let’s see, Up Armored Hummv without air conditioning, Check. 100+ degrees temperature and rising, Check. Flak Vest, Front and rear ceramic pates, Check. Four point Kevlar, Check. Full Desert Camouflage Uniform, Check. Thousands of Gnats bathing in the pools of sweat, Check. Unimaginable discomfort. Check. So yeah that is plenty of griping for one day. I have tomorrow off... Which makes me oh so very happy. Sleeping in is by far the best part of my week. So I received two packages today, both were very cool, the first was from a complete stranger, it was neat though it had a St. Pattys Day theme, everything was green, including a t-shirt that says party like a leprechaun. Some shamrock glasses and a ginormic leprechaun. The Package also included like a billion other green things including some Wasabi covered peanuts... those I’m pretty sure will never be touched.. I like spice as much as the next person but Wasabi is just ridiculously hot. The second package was from Jeff, A friend I met thru RFG right before I left for Iraq, I believe I have mentioned him in the past, he sends a lot of jokes and little tid bits that make our days better, one of my favorite little items that he has sent me are the two Playboy magazines from 1988. I don’t know why but there is just something very cool about a magazine that was published when I was 8 years old. And seeing Kim Basinger all naykee at 22 doesn’t hurt the issue at all. Hey what do you want from me I’m a healthy 26 year old male. Good old Hef, the guy is a genius.

Random Fact of The day,
Superman appeared in every single episode of Seinfeld for the entire run of the series, Apparently Jerry is almost as obsessed the Superman as yours truly is with Spider-Man... Only I am way more obsessed, I mean hello 7 pairs of underwear dedicated to that arachnid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude, i was having a very pissed off day......reading ur blog put a smile on my face....lol.....thanx

haji (this is the correct spelling)