Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Show Your Work (part 3)

I have come across a little more math and of course I had to share it with you. So here you go.

For a couple years I've been blaming it on lack of sleep, not enough sunshine, too much pressure from my job, earwax build-up, poor blood or anything else I could think of. But now I found out the real reason: I'm tired because I'm overworked. Here's why. . .
The population of this country is 273 million. 140 million are retired.
That leaves 133 million to do the work. There are 85 million in school.
Which leaves 48 million to do the work. Of this there are 29 million employed by the federal government.
Leaving 19 million to do the work. 2.8 million are in the armed forces preoccupied with killing Osama Bin-Laden.
Which leaves 16.2 million to do the work. Take from that total the 14.8 million people who work for state and city governments.
And that leaves 1.4 million to do the work. At any given time there are 188,000 people in hospitals.
Leaving 1,212,000 to do the work. Now, there are 1,211,998 people in prisons.
That leaves just two people to do the work. You and me. And there you are sitting on your ass, at your computer, reading jokes. Nice. Real nice.

So I finally gave in and read The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. I have been putting it off because everyone has been saying how good it is, I was so afraid that I wouldn't like it. But it turns out... It is damn good. In other news from here on out The Sexy Idahoan will hitherto be known as Barbie. it's kind of a long story but the long and short of it is: A while back our group was watching Scrubs (If you haven't seen it you should definitely check it out. it is nothing short of hilarious...) As I have mentioned a couple of times before each person in our group shares traits with a character in the show... (My self and the main character J.D. The Mexican would be Turk. RFG is with out a doubt Dr Cox The Hajji is Dr. kelso and The Sexy Idahoan is without a doubt Elliot the blonde doctor better known as Barbie) So why do we only change Barbie's name? Yesterday we were talking about our friends and Scrubs and we were trying to figure out who The Idahoan most resembled and they had the most in common and mainly because it really makes him angry. He almost hit me like eight times today... LOL I think I have some kind of masochistic death wish. It is so much fun to get him all steamed up... Which turns out to make me think I'm not such a good person. Oh and we are like the worst friends ever. Last night Barbie told us his birthday was last Thursday. I feel like a complete heel. Especially since the reason we found out at all was that I was whining about how my birthday was going to come and go with out so much as a how do you do. Barbie basically said yeah I know how that is. Yep I'm a jerk! But at least I am a jerk with a good heart right??? Right???

Random Fact of the day:
David Rice Atchinson was President of the United States for exactly one day. This happened due to a glitch in American law at the time. When James Polk left his elected office as President. While he departed on the appointed day, it was a Sunday, and Zachary Taylor was unable to take the oath of office that day. According to law, Rice as the pro tempore leader of the Senate, took office for the whole day, and left without either regret, or a pension, on Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

arright dude, for the last time, the correct spelling is "HAJI", not hodgie, or hajjy, or hajji.

Dr. Kelso