Monday, September 12, 2005

A celebration of life and a season of change

So I am completely exhausted. A really good friend of mine had a beautiful Baby girl last night at around 6:55 pm she was in labor for something like 22 hours.... I was watching her first born Anthony since Saturday he is two years old and full of questions... So needless to say I had virtually no sleep. Anthony is a great kid and very lovable... So I didn't mind too much... So before I start ranting and raving let me tell you about the new bundle of joy.... Her name is Robin Mya Villegas-Creadick (her mother and I will be calling her Mya) she was born at or around 6:55 pm on September 11th (which means that no guy will ever have an excuse to forget her birthday) interesting side note Mya's 21st birthday will be the 25th anniversary of 9-11 which is kinda cool, If your me. Mya is 9lbs 2oz and 23 inches... I just want to point out that baby is huge.... I was only 9lbs when I was born....( I say only cuz 9lbs was so much smaller.. LOL) both of her parents are the skinniest people you have ever met so I have no idea how she got to be so big.... The important thing is that she and my friend Cynthia are in good health... And now onto the ranting and raving.... Today marked the first day we wore DCUs to work... (Desert camo uniform) we had to be at work at 0445 which wasn't so great but we survived. I think for everyone Iraq just became a little more real, we are leaving in less than a month and it is dawning on all of us in small ways.. For my group of friends one of the biggest blows is going to the movies an activity we all enjoy doing and have a habit of going at least two or three times a week... We are starting to see previews a lot that aren't coming out until months after we have left for the sandbox... Luckily for me the Iraqis are very good at pirating the American movies.*
Hmmm I know that someone out there will be offended by that so the disclaimer you will find below is for you... So as I said in the previous post I went down to San Francisco for the Labor day weekend. It really was a blast. I think my favorite part of the trip was just the people, there were so many different types out that we really got to see a detailed glimpse of The City. I mentioned the scary guy on the Tram car, and the last night we were there we were walking back to The Edwardian Hotel we passed a guy who was how do I put this delicately, he was relieving himself towards the passing traffic as opposed to toward the building, a middle aged couple walked by him and he asked the lady if he was imposing on her evening stroll... Or something to that effect with his member in his hand as he was talking to her... Needless to say she scowled.... Although or hotel was obviously not in the best of neighborhoods it really wasn't all that bad... Slightly cramped and the elevator felt like the cable was about to snap at any given moment so of course we hopped up and down because we're all not very bright...The drive back up was rather eventful accept for the fact that one of our drivers is a complete tool and literally had me white knuckled when he drove... I did manage to read a great book that now has me three books into a series.. J.A.Jance Is an amazing Author. Speaking of Authors I was at Borders a couple days ago and I made this really nice couple buy three Harlan Coben books... If anyone hasn't read one of his books I greatly urge you to do so. The man is a fantastic author and a hell of a nice guy. I first wrote to him the last time I was in Iraq and a couple of months ago I had the pleasure of meeting him...So that is all for now folks things are starting to move fast so stay tuned.

Random thought of the day Mil-Gahn means Anglo or white man in the native language of the Papago or Tohono O'Othham people.

* Spc James Brooks in no way supports the pirating of major motion pictures and thinks it is a crime. Which is why he purchases all DVD's as soon as they are made available by the distribution companies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Adam; Jst thought I would say Hi. Sounds like your busy as ever saving everyone. I hope things are good for you, and that your move back over to the "Sandbox" goes as well as possible. Your in our prayers always. Take Care!
With Love Mama Duck