Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wrote a mini-review


Hey all, so I wrote a little mini-review for the book I just finished. I thought i would let you all read it... see this counts as a blog post and it is sort of funny. 

 Review of Amber Benson's Deaths Daughter
Calliope is your stereotypical fashion socialite, and much like everyone else in New York has one "Hell" of a family.. I refuse to sum up the story as it has been done more than once here and I am sure you get the drift. 
I completely agree with the grievances noted in the other reviews, The Heroine of the story whines a lot, an effing lot. Honestly aside from that this was a really good book, the story was interesting and had supporting characters that more than made up for Calliope's never ending whimpering. Great dialogue, engaging story I am recommending this to my friends, especially the The "Twilhards" (my nickname for the fans that support that drivel.) I mean if they could push through Breaking Dawn they will effing love this book.

   The TwiHards I am referring to are fans of the books in the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. The fourth book titled Breaking Dawn was absolute crap and received quite the backlash when it was released, hence the jab at the end.

  The Author of the book is quite the entrepreneur this is her first Solo Novel but she has Co-Authored books previously. She also is an Actress, screenwriter and Director, My Mother might recognize her as Tara (Willow's Girlfriend) from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Random Fact:
My mother might be interested to know this book is available for Kindle as well. 



No comments: