Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Happy Birthday Tracers!!!

I have a little bit of time, I thought now would be as good as time as any to tell you all when I should actually be home… As of right now we should be home in the early evening of the 25th which messes up my time scale a little bit. Apparently there is some back up in Kuwait causing us something like a two day delay… We were already asked to not even leave Iraq until the 22nd, A day later than we had been told. But enough of that… Today is my baby brothers 22nd birthday. And I wanted to wish him a very happy Birthday, not that he has the time to read my blog… but the sentiment is there all the same.
I have been way under the weather the past few days, and to be honest I’m really not feeling all that well right now. I’m sure it is a combination of poor sleeping and little food consumption. I am so excited to be back in the states with family and the woman I love that I can hardly do much more than sit in my room and think about it.
On a random side note Jennifer Love Hewitt’s new show Ghost Whisper is heart wrenching and very well written. I was able to see the first half of the first season and I was hooked. The basic premise is simple, Melinda (Love’s character.) can see and speak to dead people and she helps them complete what ever it is that they need to in order to cross over. The reason I bring up the show at all is that I hope that my marriage is some what similar to Melinda’s. Melinda and Jim are newly weds and are very loving to one another, they are both supportive and understanding even when one or the other is being a crabby pants. Their relationship is truly one of the highlights of the show. At least for me any way…
My time is running short, but I wanted all of you to know that am finally on my way home.
Random Movie Quote….. "The Boondock Saints"

When I raise my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgement. I will take vengeance upon mine enemies. And I will repay those who haze me. O lord, raise me to thy right hand and count me among thy saints. Whosoever shed last blood. By man shall his blood be shed. For immunity of god make he man. Destroy all that which is evil. So that which is good may flourish. And I shall count thee amoung my favoured sheep. And you shall have the protection of all the angels in heaven. Shepherds we shall be, for thee, my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patrie, et fili, et spiritu sancti. Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god. Now you will receive us. We do not ask for your poor or your hungry. We do not want your tired and sick. It is your corrupt we claim. It is your evil that will be shot by us. With every breath we shall hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood until it rains down from the sky. Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal. These are principles which every man of every faith can embrace. These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behaviour. And those of you that ignore them will pay the days cost. There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over into true corruption, into our domain. But if you do you, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three. And on that day you will reap it. And we will send you to whatever god you wish. And shepherds we shall be, for thee, my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patrie, et fili, et spiritu sancti.