Sunday, August 20, 2006

Happy Birthday Beeper!!!

First and foremost all though i am not sure he reads this I want to say Happy Birthday to my younger brother who turns the big 25 today. I hope you had a great Day!There is an odd correlation between being right most of the time and being a pompous ass. The running joke currently is that I am almost right, in the past 12 months I only have a handful of memories of being dead wrong about anything, obviously the things that I am right about vary from time to time. The reason I bring it up now is that it seems that being right might cost me a lot of creature comforts in the future. I don’t have a lot of time to go into details but I wanted to tell you about a couple of things that happened last night that I found to be very amusing, First a couple of days ago Hard Hat was in a more pissy mood than normal, Apparently his girlfriend will not be joining us when we come home, (she will be delayed by a few weeks or so) This information put him in a very unpleasant mood and had him throwing tantrums the entire night that could have made a five year old blush. (At one point he was so annoyed that we were taking initiative he ripped off his rank saying it obviously didn’t mean anything, he later stapled it back on.. Child….) Any way last night Snowball (formally known as Tennessee) and I were doing the Fox patrol and our power-steering pump decided to burst shooting fluid and smoke all over… It was a beautiful mess… Hard Hat had to tow us to the motor pool with a make shift tow cable… that was quite the adventure considering I ended up in the vehicle being towed trying desperately not to slam into the rear end of the truck in front of me. No power steering apparently means no brakes either, so I spent the majority of the trip holding onto the E-Brake for dear life,
Rocky was in a car accident the other day, she was hurt but I think she is going to be alright. She found out that she is no longer going to be deployed, but her duty station has changed. She is now slotted to be stationed in Germany, so that should be interesting, I told her that distance has not yet proven to be too big of an obstacle so she shouldn’t worry about it all that much… I am excited for her, Germany is a beautiful country and given the opportunity is a wonderful place to see most of Europe..


Quote of the Day…
Everyone lies…. Even people who are dying, the question is never if they lie, but why they lie…
Greg House
~~~House

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about rocky.... but to you I am sure Germany sounds a lot better than Iraq....

let the count-down continue..

rebecca

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about rocky. Our prayers will be with both of you. nice to have you back amoung the typing...lol
I missed your comments.

The Idaho mom