Monday, July 17, 2006

A Confession Of The Heart...

I apologize that my blogs have been so far and few between, there does not seem to be enough time in the day. I work constantly and I spend my free time balancing a budding relationship with the most amazing woman I have ever known and that fleeting temptress known simply as "sleep". Today I nabbed three uninterrupted hours, Wahoo!!! The funny thing is that it doesn't bother me. I have always tried to be as honest in these blogs as is humanly possible, And I have been avoiding talking about this relationship in some fear that by talking about I would somehow jinx it. I think I am over that fear or at least nearing the crest of that mountain. If you aren’t aware Rocky and I started talking while I was in Hawaii. We talk everyday and I can honestly tell all of you that I have fallen in love with this beautiful Southern Belle. She is originally from the south, She has very recently moved to Washington. She is a Pediatrics Nurse, and she gives her full heart to everything she is involved in. She is about three years my junior (I was told once it is rude to tell people how old a woman is... or something like that.) She is the kindest sweetest and most honest person I have ever met. She has a magnetic personality, and a grasp of sarcasm that can be both brutally honest and incredibly hilarious at the same moment. I could literally write about her forever, I will leave you with that for just now. As for things around here, I think we are all suffering from short timers disease, you know that attitude you get right before the end of some horribly long task that you have to complete? In high school we called it Senior-itis. It isn’t that we are getting complacent, all though if things keep going the way they are I am sure that is a very real possibility. The Man with the Big V-8 hurt his back recently and is now unable to work with us, another friend of mine I don’t think I have mentioned him before, but we will call him Dark Man because he looks like the spitting image of Dolph Lundgren. (Dolph also played the Russian that wiped the mat with Rocky Balboa) anyway his back has been hurting him as well and he went in to the TMC today so he probably will not be working with us for a little while either. Twerp/Trouble, or what ever name I am calling her now, is actually heading for home the day after tomorrow. She has had medical issues the entire deployment and they are finally doing something about it. Apparently we have somewhere in the neighborhood of 70 some odd days until we are back in Washington, the actual date would be confidential but since no one seems to have any clue as to the exact date it isn’t a big deal. There are a multiple of rumors that put us boots on ground as soon as the last week in Sept and as late as the second week in Oct. I have decided that I will probably not know until I am already there. It was a very freeing decision, although I swear to you if these knuckle heads do not stop counting down the days I am likely to lose it. Yes I realize I had like a sixty day countdown for Hawaii but that was different. I had one date they have like 6 so every time some one mentions how long we have left it completely contradicts the previous persons tally and usually starts in hour long debate. Sigh. On the bright side my Ops guy fixed the problem I was having with my laptop and now I can rock out with my Itunes when ever I like. Random side note I have had the oddest craving for a broccoli and cheese omelet recently. I had one while I was on leave and have seriously been craving one like a freaky-deaky Pregnant woman. I dreamt about the stupid thing... how odd is that??? Our new responsibilities have proven to keep us busy, I am starting to think that the dispatch operator waits until we sit down for a meal before she sends out a call that we are needed to investigate something immediately. Last night was pretty funny because we were all about finished with midnight chow and we were sitting at a table Jaw jacking (I love that saying) when the radio began to squawk. My entire team stood up in unison as if we were a fire team responding to a fire. We looked very professional... grin. I hope that life is treating you all well, and that I will be home soon to enjoy life with you...

Riddle me this...
The answer to the previous riddle is...
The Morning Dew...

And today’s riddle is as follows...

A man and his son are driving in car one day, when they are hit by a drunk driver. The man is killed instantly. The boy is knocked unconscious, but he is still alive, he is rushed to the hospital and will need immediate surgery. The doctor enters the ER looks at the little boy and says “ I can not operate on this boy, he is my son.” How is this possible????

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is his mom, duh

Anonymous said...

Sounds like our long time prayers for you have been answered. I really hope it all works out with Rocky. :-) Stay safe ...
With Love Always ...M.Duck

Anonymous said...

I have told you time and time again that you are a girl, now look you are knocked up. How is that even possible? This question of course has nothing to do with the claim that you are in fact a male, but with your current sex life being the same as it has been for the last...how long has it been? Stop bitching about your damn eggs, you are not a sixty year old man at Denny's

Anonymous said...

Well duh!!! It's his mom of course!!

News note: It looks like we will be moving out of this apt by the end of the year. The sale is going through as of Dec. 4th and we don't think we want to stay on with the new people. We have been looking into Vancouver, WA and have found many, many places at half the rent we would be paying here and twice the space. One of the couples that we have known for years are leaving this Thurs. for Vancouver, WA and they are really encouraging us to follow them. Ted is thrilled about the possibility since they were looking around there when they went north for your mom's birthday.

We will be in San Jose from Oct. 4th to Oct. 9th so if you are back by then you can call us on our cell phones.

Keep safe!!!!

Love you.

Gram & Gramps