Monday, June 05, 2006

Did I Really Pay To Fall Down????

So yesterday I had planned to go to Pearl Harbor and do the whole tourist thing there... Unfortunately my grandparents were not feeling up to it. ( I had done a fairly good job of wearing them out the day before...) I swear to you the two of them have twice as much energy as I do... So instead I sort of wandered around the island looking for things to do, I went to the Dole Plantation.. Which was uh... Dull... Give it a sec it’s funnier than you think. And then after that I sort of just went for a drive, in my wanderings I came across that was advertising sky diving.... Now let me give you a little bit of history... I have always been sort of an adrenaline junky... when I was younger I did some river rafting (or tubing as it was in an inner tube) And a lot of cliff diving and I have even bungee jumped a couple of times. I could never work up the nerve to climb Into a perfectly good airplane and jump out. It always seemed like one of those things that would be awesome and extremely dangerous... keep in mind I fall down a lot... and the idea of falling 14,000 feet is enough to give me chicken skin. (Goose Bumps for you haolies!!!! LOL) Any way so I went inside theri little building and met the owner and made an appointment for ten o’clock... this morning. At the time I don’t think that I thought I was going to actually go threw with it... But I thought I would at least have the option.... Well it turns out that last night after I got back to my Hotel I decided I did not want to sit in my room like a bum (as I have for pretty much my entire vacation after ten PM with one or two exceptions. So I went down stairs and ran into a large group of Air Force guys that were in route to Guam that had a night to hang out. I asked them if it’d be alright if I kicked it with them (after I explained I was on leave and by myself) and they were more than happy to oblige. We found a sports type bar a couple of blocks away and it turned out that the bar was having a bikini contest at 11pm... So obviously we were going to stay there until after the contest. (Yes I realize that there are hundreds of women on the beach in bikinis, but you are actually encouraged to stare at the ones in the contest.).. anyway before the Bikini contest winner was announced they decided to have a male booty shaking contest... now mind you at this point I have had a little to drink... a little being... 5 or 6 Red Bull Vodkas and a MAI TAI. I only bought two... the guys kept buying rounds and who am I to say no???? Anyway there were five men chosen for the booty shake contest and after one round the MC decided he needed another contestant. He saw my shirt (almost all of my shirts have sarcastic or funny sayings on them, trust me they stick out. This one reads Everyone Loves A Fat Guy! ) and said he thought it was awesome... (he was not a skinny guy either!) Anyway so I entered the contest did my little cheer-leading-hip rotating-gyro-dance-thinga-majiger. And ended up winning the contest and fifty bucks to boot... Who said we don’t learn anything in high school any more??? After the contest I was quite the celebrity... and danced with a number of attractive women... hmmm all in all a good night. This morning I woke up rather early and had pretty much convinced my self that I was going to blow off the Sky diving thing because well frankly I fall almost every day why should I pay four hundred dollars to have some one push me out of an airplane??? I took a shower and got dressed and decided to go get breakfast. I got in my car and decided that I was going to go skydiving and to hell with backing out, this is my vacation and it is a beautiful place to sky dive. So I took the 30 mile drive and signed in at the front desk... 35 minutes later I was sitting in an airplane and they were opening the door... It was by far the most amazing thing I have ever done. I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane at 14,540 feet. ( I was attached tandem style to a trained sky diver) we had free fall for a solid minute. Which at the time seemed to last for ever and then we let the parachute out and I experienced what it would feel like if to be yanked back up a hundred feet by my pelvic bone.... Ouch! ladies and gentle men.... Just ouch! I purchased the video and the pictures which I am going to have developed tonight... I hope... If I can put them on the web I will let you all know how to see them... To celebrate an awesome morning I went to HOOTERS for Lunch... and let me tell you today was a great day.... after I post this I am going over to have dinner with my grandparents and Gramps and I are going to catch a movie... Mission Impossible III... Hope fully Tom Cruise will not feel the urge to jump up and down like a mad man on any couches... I hope your day was at least half as amazing as mine.......Aloha
RIDDLE ME THIS:
The answer to the Previous riddle is::::
A Bridge....
And the challenge of todays riddle isn’t so much solving the one answer but guessing all 5 of the answers... Yes I promise there are at least 5....
What has eyes yet can not see?????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Potato, doll, picture, blind person...
now for the 1 eyers... Hurricane and a wiener. dont laugh, a wiener has 1 eye and it isnt ment for seeing.

Anonymous said...

seems like you have been living life at its fullest!!!! dang ive been there 3 times and not done half of what youve done. it was fun hanging out for the 2 hrs or so we had. enjoy the rest of your trip!!!!

Anonymous said...

Potatos, eye of needle, eye of hurricane,
words with I, Snake-eyes (dice), love is
blind. Had fun with this. Love is blind came to me the "morning after" No....
not what you think!!!!

Gramps.