Monday, March 20, 2006

The Prodigal Son

Have you ever found your self singing, not a song you know. A song you were making up as you went along. I do that a lot. I have done it for as long as I can remember. I have more memories walking home from one place or another, singing to myself than I do of ... well other normal memories.
So today was not as bad as it could have been. It was however a very early day, far to early. The PT Test went as well as can be expected. The Man With The Big V-8 gave his interpretation of how to fail a pt test. I say it that way because he did everything he possibly could have to not pass it. His own personal rebellion. Apparently I was not the only one displeased with our early wake up call. I looked into getting a passport today and found out that it is near impossible to do it from here. I say near impossible because there is a way to go about it. It entails two trips to Kuwait, with at least two weeks between the first and second trip. I will also need a certified copy of my birth certificate. Which I have, except I have it in a box in storage somewhere in Washington. I can order another one but it will take about 6 weeks to get it here. Hopefully I can order it tonight. The only item that I needed that I could actually take care of today was the actual passport photos. For some very odd reason we have a Kodak print shop here that also acts as a pseudo photo studio. (That rhymed. Grin)
I started watching Smallville today. I bought seasons one thru four from the hadji shop on my last day off. I had forgotten how great this show is. I am sure it has very little to do with all the amazingly attractive females that fill the majority of the cast. This show like so many WB shows has some kind of allergy when it comes unattractive actors. One day the world will realize that ugly people suffer from teenage drama as well...

Random insight of the day:

No matter how far you are from home, how long it’s been since you left. You will always be remembered as the one they used to be able to hold in the palm of their hand.
The Prodigal Son

That would be me.

No comments: